To bring this about, our company:
- Insure the security and confidentiality of customer records and information
- Protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security of such records
- Protect against unauthorized access which could result in client harm.
Office Procedures used to protect consumer non-public private information:
- designates individuals who coordinate safeguards
- designs and implements safeguard programs to control risks
- selects appropriate service providers and require them to implement safeguards
- evaluate the program and explain adjustments needed to improve safeguards
- all employees are hired only after thorough reference and background checks
- confidentiality agreements are in place between all employees and the company
- only employees with legitimate business reasons can access consumer data
- consumer info is backed up and stored in protected areas not open to the internet
- our computers daily use anti-virus software, firewalls, and software updates.
Clean Desk Policy
A clean desk policy ensures that all important documents, letters, etc. are kept out of reach and unreadable to the prying eyes of non-employees. If a non-employee approaches an employee’s desk, the employee ensures all files are closed and the computer screen is non-readable by the non-employee.
All employees are thoroughly trained on examples of maintaining a clean desk policy, and this policy is updated annually.
We collect the contact information and client data pertinent to listings and property needs on behalf of our clients. The information we collect is used only for the purpose of processing general data for client’s needs. That information is never given or sold to any other individual or organization, unless specifically contracted between client and RE/MAX Estate Properties per the general instructions provided by our company.
If you supply us with your postal or email address you may receive mailings or emails from us requesting information. That is the only reason we will need to use your specific contact information, or your personal, non-private information.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers may receive occasional telephone contact from us for purposes of showing listings and listing appointments. These numbers will not be given or sold to any outside company or individual.
When you access any website from the Internet, your computer automatically provides its Internet Protocol ("IP") address to the computer hosting that website, as is the case when you attach to any Internet-connected computer. This is so that the computer knows where to send the requested information. Information about browser types is also provided automatically.
We use this information in aggregate form in order to help diagnose problems with our computer systems, to help us understand our visitors' needs related to our website design, plan the use of system capacity and improve the quality of the information and services available to you on our websites. We do not access this information in a way that identifies any individual person.
With respect to security: we always use industry-standard encryption technologies and virus/malware protections when transferring and receiving user data exchanged with our site. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you.
We have procedures that limit our worker access to personally identifiable information to those workers with a business reason to know such information about you. We educate our workers about the importance of confidentiality and privacy through standard operating procedures, special training programs and policies on ethics.
Because Internet technologies continue to evolve rapidly, we may make appropriate changes to the statement in the future. Any changes will be consistent with our commitment to respecting visitor privacy and will be clearly posted in a revised Online Privacy Statement.